What is a Notary Public?
A notary public is a person that serves as an official witness to the signing of legal documents. A notary public may also administer oaths, solemn affirmations, and declarations that are used in affidavits and statutory declarations, as well as
certifies documents to be true copies of the original.
Documents that can be Notarized
- Certified True Copies
- Statement of Arrears
- OSAP Affidavit
- Life Certificate
- Statutory Declaration to Unite with Extended Family during COVID-19
- Sworn Statement for a Family Gift of a Used Vehicle in Ontario
- Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union
- Insurance Proof of Loss Form
- Letter of Invitation for Canada Visitor Visa
- Custodianship Declaration
- Parental Consent Letter for Children to Travel Abroad
- Ontario Registrant Identification Number (RIN)
- Statutory Declaration as part of Application to change an adult or a child's name
- An Affidavit to register a vehicle with no ownership
- Statutory Declaration of progress payment by contractor or subcontractor
- Last Will and Testament/Power of Attorney
- And More...
Please note all documents MUST be signed in the presence of the Notary Public.
Cost: $35 for the first document, and an additional $15 for each additional document. Mobile Notary's are available at an additional cost.
Now donating $1.00 from every Notary appointment to a selected charity each month.
The Barrie Food Bank
The information on this website is for general knowledge only; it is not intended to substitute for the advice of a lawyer or paralegal and does not address any specific facts or circumstances of your case. You should confirm with your legal representative whether this information applies to your specific situation. Please note that the use of this website does not constitute and client Paralegal Relationship.
Your privacy is extremely important to me. The trust placed in me by my clients is absolutely essential to my success. I understand that and do all I can to earn and protect that trust. I do not share your personal information with any outside companies, other than as necessary to fulfill your request.